Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To heck with responsabilities

So with the run of bad luck my family has been having, I think it cannot get much worse right.............wrong. There was a very large wind storm in Utah the other day and it has managed to remove several sheets of shingles from the roof. It blew so hard, the attic hatch blew open. Just when I think I cannot handle anything else, I have to take a freezing cold shower because the pilot light blew out. Game over, I am done!

I believe it is time for a much needed break. I called my mom and told her I was going with her to Disneyland. (I was suppose to go before Stu broke his wrist anyway.) I left Stu and the kids home and I went to Disneyland for two days with my mom and day and younger sister Allisa and her husband Nick.

We had a blast! The weather was great and the rides were awesome. We even got to see Whoopi Goldberg on the new Toy Story ride. Stu was great and let me go. I think he knew I was on the edge.

We are doing a little better know. We are just waiting for the weather and Stu's wrist to improve to fix the roof. Good news is we have reached Stu's individual limit for the year. Now we don't have to pay anything more if something else happens. We will have to see how many other surgery's we can get in during the next 9 months.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Sorry you guys have started off so rough this year. Glad you got to get away, every mom deserves a break!

Nikki said...

Bummer on all the bad stuff happening. BUT, on the bright side YAHOO for Disneyland. I love that place. I'm pretty sure its gonna be in heaven. Along with Lake Powell. I hope things get easier!