Saturday, May 10, 2008

I got my golden ticket!

Sorry for the delay in my blog, but I have been busy reading The Host!

Yes, it is true, I was able to get 1 of 1,000 tickets for Stephenie's book signing. It didn't come with a Willie Wonka chocolate bar, but that is ok.
Here is how it all happened....... It was a lovely Monday night and I was able to get off work at 9:30 pm instead of 1:30 am. Channy and I were going to get dinner from The Cheesecake Factory and then go save our place in line via camping chairs. It was about 10:10 pm and I told Channy I was going to drive past Borders to see if anyone was there. Well there was 23 people already in line! One person even had a tent set up. Because there were people already in line, we figured we should get in line as well. We found out the first person in line arrived at 6:30 pm.

We got in line behind a couple of really fun girls from Lehi and Syracuse.
We were able to work out a deal, we go to Cheesecake Factory first and then they would go. So we were still able to get our dinner. :)

While we were waiting for the doors to open, we all shared our theories about what was going to happen in Breaking Dawn. There are some pretty interesting ones. I am sure none of us our even close, but it was fun to think so. My sister Kelli arrived just before midnight to join in the fun.
It was really fun to hang out, but the bathroom accommodations were not ideal. We had to drive down to 7-11 and we all know what those bathrooms look like.

The signing will be on the 16th of May. I am sure there is going to be another night of camping out. I am very excited to get my books signed.

I have finished The Host. It is really good and the ending leads me to believe there will be another.

4 comments:

♥Concerned♥ said...

Er- I adore you! I feel so lucky to have you, such an awesome chica, as part of my family! Can't wait for Hawaii, we are gonna have so much fun!!

Kristi said...

It looked like you had a great time! How fun I wish I could've been there. I think she is coming to AZ too because so many people here are talking about it. My book club is going crazy! :)

Congrats on your Golden Ticket. Take care

♥Concerned♥ said...

Wow--looks like you are having fun with photoshop!

Nikki said...

Wow, look I am famous! I am on your blog. I love it! I had a blast with you guys today. Thanks for being my "borders buddy".