Finally, the day came to get my books signed by Stepheine Meyer. Channy and the kids showed up about 9:15 am. There were about 4 groups in front of us, but we knew we were going to be getting some good seats.
The doors were going to open at 5:00 pm, so we had several hours to kill. I took Samie, Jaylynn, Jenneca and Jake to the Ancient Museum to see the dinosaurs. They had a good time. Stu came and got the kids for us around 3.
With t-minus 2 hours to go, this is what the line looked like to get into the barn. It wrapped around a long way, but I was not going to get out of line to take a picture.
Top row: Carol, Stefani, Kelli, Channy and Peggy
Bottom row: Nikki, Erica, Lacey and Amy
Bottom row: Nikki, Erica, Lacey and Amy
Time to enter the building and wait for another two hours.....
Two hours are up and here is the lady we have all been waiting for!
Stephenie answered a few questions prior to signing books. She did say she had the 1st chapter to the 2nd book in The Host series done and the Epilogue to the 3rd book. So that will be nice. She also said after this book tour she is just going to write for about a year. How wonderful. I wonder what she can come up with in that time. She was very nice, funny and down to earth.
And now onto the signing. We couldn't "pose" for pictures, but we did our best.







5 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm so happy that you got this chance. Also, may I just say...sunscreen?
Oh, and about the waitress...I agree with your diagnosis of mental!
You guys are so funny! I'm glad you got it signed!
Friday was fun. What a small world, that you know Aislinn. Funny. I hope your burn wasn't too bad.
Ha! Found ya!!! ;) How are you???
I lost your email address--don't ask me how a person does that in this day and age because I don't know.
You look great and I can't believe how old your kids have gotten!
Post a Comment