Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Trip to Maine and Arizona

Some of you may or may not know that Stu has been traveling more these days. Well to off set the fact the kids and I just stay at home, we decided to take a much needed trip to see my sister Kristi in Maine and my other sister Allisa in Arizona.

Let me tell you, this 10 day trip was so much fun, I didn't want to leave either place.

Our first destination was to Maine. Because I work for JetBlue, the kids and I are able to fly for free. :) That being said, we had to fly to Phoenix to get to Maine. We had a 3 hours layover so I called Allisa and Nick and we went out to dinner. It was nice to see Allisa again. She and her hubby moved to Phoenix because Allisa was accepted to ASU to complete her graduate school. She is so smart.

After of dinner we were off to Maine, we had one more layover in JFK and arrived safe and sound. Derek, my brother in law was coming home from his rotation in Boston, so it worked out great.

Kristi had some very fun things planned for us to do. We went to a botanical garden, the aquarium, Sand Beach, Portland Light house, Fort Knox (America's first), Penobscot Observatory, movies and more. We were very lucky, the weather held out great for everything we wanted to do.

When we left for Arizona, we were a little delayed. We landed in JFK and 2 minutes later.....down pour. It was insane. I have never seen so much rain in my life. There was even a tornado in Brooklyn. Crazy! We we finally landed in Arizona, it was 2:30 am. I felt so bad. Allisa had a test to take the next day and it was 208 questions.

She and Nick has some fun things planned for us as well. It was weird to come from 60 to 70 degree weather to 107 degrees. I love the heat so bring it on.

Allisa took us on a tour of her school and showed us a little of down town Mesa. We also went to a fun mall in Tempe. Arizona has a lake in Tonto National Forest (not too many pines tress in this here forest), we went and swam and ate lunch there. It was nice to cool off. It was 108 and I could not have been happier.

All in all the kids and I had a great time in both places. My sisters and husbands were very nice to accommodate us and we hope to go back another time soon. Thanks Kristi and Allisa.
(check out the slide show for all the fun pictures)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

WOW... Maine would be awesome. I am quiet jealous!

Kristi said...

Come Back!!! We have been quite bored since you left. :) Thanks for coming, it was fun.