I guess I should start off by saying Happy New Year, so Happy New Year!
Wondering what my title means? Well let me tell you......
It all started when Stu and I decided instead of spending a lot of money on toys and junk the kids will only play with for 3 minutes, lets go on a big trip instead. So that is what we did, we went to Florida or two weeks, 17 days to be exact. We were lucky enough to have Stu parents give us their weeks they didn't use from their time share and I work for JetBlue. Worked out pretty well.
Now back to the story. We landed in Fort Lauderdale and were driving to our hotel when along side the road I see the gator. This guy was huge. So we pull off the side of the road to take pictures. While we were taking pictures, the park ranger said "You don't need to stand on the side of the road, come park your car and look at the alligators over here." Well you didn't need to tell us twice.
We get into the parking lot and get out to see all of these alligators. I grab my camera and cell phone. To the see alligators, birds and other Florida wild life, you just walk down this raised boardwalk. It was pretty cool. By this time it is about 9:30 am. I was so excited about seeing gators so soon into the trip (about 3 hours), I get out my cell phone and take a picture of the large gator. Now that I have this cool picture, what am I to do with it? It is too early to tell people back home, but wait, Kristi is on the east coast, I will send her a text. Brilliant!
Now this next part is important, so I would like you to picture yourself trying to save a picture on your cell phone while leaning over a railing 6 feet above an alligator. Now imagine the button you need to push is hard to get to and you start to fumble your cell phone in your hands. Got the mental picture? Ok, now imagine dropping your cell phone a foot away from the gators mouth because that is EXACTLY what happened to my phone. Can you believe it? I did think for a split second maybe I can jump down and get my phone before......oh, nope, gator got. One chomp to snatch it up, one chomp to swallow. End of cell phone.
Meet Chomper, yeah I was going to take him on and get my cell back.....for like a second.
Now there is so much more to my Florida and cell phone, but I like the suspense and it will make is so I come back and post another day, so stay tuned.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Florida and cell phones DO NOT mix part 1
Posted by Erica at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
That is so funny Erica! The worst part is not having a fun the rest of the trip. Did you go buy a new one on the trip?? Thanks she is pretty fun!
WOW...something you will never forget!!! That gator is huge and I could totally picture you even for a sec considering trying to get it back...LOL...
The gator thing is hilarious! I'm glad you didn't try to go get it!!
Post a Comment