Thursday, March 17, 2011

Florida and cell phones DO NOT mix part 3

Let's recap shall we. We have lost my cell phone in the gator's mouth, Stu's cell phone in the ocean as well as our camera. Right now we are down to Samie's cell phone with 19% battery left. What to do???


We did go to the only Verizon store in Key Largo and got myself and Samie new phones. Good thing our contract was up. I was able to get a new touch screen phone with the internet. I didn't think I would use it too much, but I am using it all the time....especially to play angry birds.

Things seem to be going pretty well for us. It is day 2 in Jensen Beach and we decide to go to an oceanic aquarium. It was pretty cool. We come to a large 750,000 gallon tank. This tank has sharks, fish, sting rays, turtles and everything else you can imagine. Samie wanted to take a picture so she stuck her new phone through the fence to get a picture. Next thing you hear is plop! Yes, her brand new phone fell into this tank.I personally could not believe it, but Stu, oh man was he upset. Imagine a cartoon character, red faced with steam coming out of both ears and the top of his head popping off. That pretty much sums up what he looked like. People around us were walking away at a very high rate of speed. I tried to be sympathetic because I also lost my phone. I kept telling her I knew exactly how she felt and not to worry.

The nice people at the aquarium got in a kayak (curse word) and retrieved her phone. It of course did not work, so we reactivated her old phone. She will have to wait until 12.12.12 to get a new phone. That is to bad because the end of the world is scheduled for that day too.

So to sum things up, while in Florida was lost/damaged 3 cell phones and one camera. To top off our good luck, Samie lost her DS on the plane ride home with 9 games in the case.

Yes, we will take salt and a lemon wedge on our already large open wound.

2 comments:

Allisa said...

I am still laughing. That is too good. One of those stories that you guys will retell forever.

Kristi said...

I have heard the story several, but it still stings each time. That is just a kick in the pants...and face...and bum! Sorry for all the electronic loss, but now you can hold on to the memories. ;)