Well I figured I should maybe let people know how the Fitton clan is doing. Life has been pretty darn busy for us, so it has been hard to update.
Since about May we, when I say "we" I mean me mostly, have been going non-stop. We went to Disneyland for our Give a Day, Get a Day. In June we had our Nelson Family reunion I was in charge of. Jake had a friend birthday party and I also put on a Twilight party for 130 ladies. Samie also had a county report due, so we had a little road trip to Moab. So I guess the 3 weeks of summer break my kids had were about the slowest time for us. Go figure.
ALPS stands for Accelerated Learning ProgramS. I think that is a fancy word for more homework. We have to leave the house around 7:50 am so we can get the kids for car pool and get to school on time. Next to people chewing in my ear while they are talking to me on the phone, kids late for school totally bugs. I was always late to school and even got kicked out safety patrol because of it. No kids will be late for school on my watch!
Jake is now in 2nd grade and seems to like it. A lot of his friends are on the same track, but with a different teacher. So far he has stayed on green, and even got on purple, that is good. He doesn't do mornings either. He still wants to stay up late and watch tv. He is so tired in the mornings he is like a zombie. Good thing I keep his hair short or else he would look really bad.
It has been tricky getting the kids to two different schools when they start at the same time. I will be doing it sooner or later when Sam goes to Jr. High, so why not start now?
Stu is staying very busy with work. He has been to the Philippines and Seattle twice in the last month. He is also going to be going to be in the Philippines for several weeks at a time. I really do not know what to do then.
I will try and keep up on the blogging. I know it is nothing exciting, but sometimes you just can't find a good book to read and have nothing better to do than read about my family. :)
Check out the sunset last night....so beautiful







1 comments:
Dave posting here: Way to go Sam-tastic! I, too, am a proud product of the ALPs program, and I think it got me on the right track for education for good. Congrats, and work hard! My only caution is that you might get a taste for school. I'm still getting an education, and I'm now in the 21st grade!
Oh, and Erica--good luck to you too! I know Denise worked harder at my schooling than I ever did :). Car-pooling is a lot bigger deal than just punting the kids out to the bus, but speaking as somebody who owes his education to the efforts of his mom, your labors are worth it! Samie will be a better, smarter student and a happier person for your sacrifice!
Love, David
Post a Comment